I have decided to start posting my "works-in-progress" on this blog in hopes to stay motivated and hopefully see some of this stuff through.

I am always fine-tuning my writings, so feel free to leave comments, point out grammatical errors, or any other sort of feedback that you think might help.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Egg

We had to write an impromptu Haiku during our writing class tonight. As a general rule a Haiku is 3 lines. The first line is 5 syllables, the 2nd line 7 syllables, and the 3rd line 5 syllables. Typically, lines 2 or 3 will hold an element of surprise or a twist in them. Also, more often than not in traditional Japanese or Buddhist Haiku form, a Haiku is centered around nature. Here is what I came up with today...


Egg

Wind blows, time is here

Mama bird strains and pushes

Spits; she eats her babe.



COPYRIGHT 2011. Emma C Miller. Any reproduction of this story may not be made without express written consent of the author.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think I'm gonna do this in vinyl and hang it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete

Always a Critic...